Sunday, March 14, 2010

Walking....

    As part of my plan to treat myself better in 2010 I decided to join a walking group.  I found one via Meet Up that meets right here in Vancouver. Today we walked part of the Burnt Bridge Creek Greenway Trail. The whole trail is 8 miles and we walked just shy of 2.25 miles one way.  I will definitely be using that trail again. 
   
   I'm heading into week 3 of the 21 day vegan kickstart and I am holding strong. Yesterday I got up and made my version of a tofu scramble. It made a really great breakfast burrito with plenty of leftovers for tomorrow. Dinner was some chili over rice and a bowl full of raw veggies.

   In the past I have avoided bathroom scales like the plague!  I know what I weighed on February 26th. And today I am .......(drum roll).........  12 pounds lighter! I must have been eating a ton of cheese! I've also noticed another wonderful side effect. Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I have always been very hard to get up and moving in the morning. Well not anymore, I am sleeping better so, when the alarm goes off I can actually get up with minimal whining. I also think the cheese and milk were weighing me down making physical activity harder.

The walking group meets only every other week so I think next Sunday I will try and convince  on of my children to come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment